Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

NOT just a Hallmark holiday


I repeat Valentine's day is not just another hallmark holiday. According to Wikipedia (OK it was the shortest explanation that I could find) "Valentine's Day or Saint Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14 by many people throughout the world. In the West, it is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. The day was originally a pagan festival that was renamed after two Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished." Take that my hubby who says, I don't need a holiday to say I love you. Ummm...that is true but how difficult is it to make a card or write a love note. Those things don't cost any money even if you are on a budget. I will say that my husband is fantastic when it comes to birthdays, anniversary's, and Christmas, but as he says this "holiday" doesn't mean anything to him. There lies the problem, because it means something to me.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS