Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Investigative Photo Journalism

Raising children in this day and age it tough.  Back in my day, we didn't have digital cameras, we had the point, click, wind, flash cube cameras.  If you wanted your photos you took them to the store, put your film in the envelope and waited several days to see if you actually took any decent photos, or if your finger was semi covering the lens.  There was a learning curve, and an expensive one a that.  My family had a Polaroid camera and a "snap shot" camera.  The Polaroid was awesome, snap and get a sort of instant...well shake it, wave it around in the air, blow on it and slowly a semi blurry image would appear.  Magic, but a little tempting.  I will admit my best friend and I, in 4th grade took a picture of our butts.  We thought it would be funny to send it to someone, but chickened out when we realized that my Bon Jovi  poster and some of our cabbage patch panties were sort of visible in the photo.  We tore up the picture and burned it in the char coal grill outside.  No harm done, now one silly photo emailed to a friend can be detrimental.  I have had to have the conversation with my girls ages 6 and 4 about pictures.  I stressed no naked photos.  Yesterday, I found the girls Fisher Price digital camera and began clicking through the photos.  There was one of the carpet, one of the dog, one of Middle C's eye, a picture of poop in the potty.  What?  I kept clicking through the photos, different angles of feces, apparently different feces from different days.  I called the girls over to me and asked who was the fecal matter photographer.  Middle C proudly said, "Me!  They were awesome Mommy, right?"  I looked at a her and reminded her of our appropriate photo discussion .  She looked at me and grinned, "My booty was not in any of the pictures, just my poopy."

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS