Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Thwarted passion

Last weekend I attended a wonderful conference, momcom (momcomaustin.com).  Thanks to the amazing speakers, I felt something that I have not felt in quite a while, a passion for something other than motherhood.  I connected with the part of me that was driven and successful.  I am going to wake up a 5:00am two mornings a week to focus on my writing.  I do love being a stay at home mommy, but I feel that desire to....
Really?  My first focus on me morning and middle C just came down at 5:10 am to inform me she tinkled in her bed.  I stripped her bed, cleaned her up and settled her in front of the TV.  The dog whines to go out.  I let her out, the baby starts screaming in her room.  I get her settled back down just in time to wake up E for school and get her breakfast started.  I let the dog in, she drinks too much water and vomits.  Thank you family for supporting my endeavor.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Aaaauuugh! So frustrating! How did they know??? For a while I was trying to get up early to run, and just about every morning I did, one of the kids would wake up. If I slept through my alarm, they would all sleep until 8.

Heidi Gollub said...

Boo! I can't do early. But I can stay up late. Who says stay at home moms have to be cheerful in the morning ;).

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS