Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

campophobia

campophobia- the fear of camping. I have been suffering from this since being emotionally scared at girl scout camp in 4th grade. I vaguely remember the flashlight light that fell down the latrine, ticks, dirt, rain. Did I mention the bugs? I know emotionally scared, may be a tad bit too dramatic. But seriously, I am a wimp and I do not camp. I married a man that grew up with two other brothers camping quite often. Early on in our marriage Jeff realized much to his chagrin, that my idea of camping is leaving the balcony door open all night at the Westin in Puerta Vallarta. Pathetic, I know... This weekend we are going with a few other families CAMPING. All of our friends have been warned this this is my virginal camping trip. I am nervous about the whole thing. I have told my husband that all of the preparations are up to him. I think his secret plan is to liquor me up so that I forget about my fears. All I can say is alcohol means more bathroom trips and who knows what is lurking in a camp ground potty. I know the girls and my husband will have a blast. Deep breath...bring it on! I have emphatically stated that if I hate it I will not go again. I am all about daddy daughter camping trips. They camp, I stay home lounging around in my jammies,read a few books, drink a few glasses of wine and potty in my sparkling clean, bug free potty.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS