Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vomit, Poop, Gas Oh My


We have returned from a wonderful, although far from perfect trip to the beach. A few days before the trip Claire started this whole vomit in her bed around 2:00 am. We gave her a little empty plastic wipe box that she carried around with her. Claire would look up at you bat her long lashes and say in a sad little voice, "this is my vomit box". Each night, I would find vomit in her box, I started thinking that perhaps she was doing this on purpose to get attention (I read it on WebMD). Was I creating a bulimic? The day before our beach vacation I took her into the doctor. The doctor was appalled by my questioning whether Claire was doing this on purpose. I protested that I had read about children doing this on the web. He rolled his eyes and sighed. Did I feel like mother of the year or what at that point...not so much. He suggested that I give her Maalox at night. On to our beach vacation... poor little Claire had vomiting and diarrhea that reared its ugly head at 2:00 in the morning each night that we were there. All I can say is thank God there was a washer and dryer in the condo. I should have packed the vomit box. Other than loads of laundry and Clorox wipes, we had a great time!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS