Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Not your average TOOL


The other night I finally became interesting. Jeff and I dropped the kiddos off at my parents and headed out to the Most Interesting Academy (http://dosequis.com/academy) hosted by dos equis. OK, I have no luck with winning contests, the lottery, or any sport but for some reason luck is always on my side when it comes to getting into parties. In Vegas, we got on two VIP lists to the top clubs, perhaps they see me and think that poor homely mom needs a night out. Anyway, apparently there were over 9,000 RSVP's for this event and only 800 got in and we were one of the 800, dumb luck. Our plan was to catch the shuttle bus and be whisked away 55 miles to a castle out in BFE for the party of the century...all for free. As you know, if I see the word free I am all over it. We parked the car and headed over to the pick up point and saw the line. Hundreds of people waiting for free beer, a castle, and Bear Grylls who was suppose to be skydiving into the party. We waited for an hour in the 105 degree heat and thought...let's just drive. So we drove the hour and 15 minutes to the castle found parking on the side of the road and just walked into the party. According to our local newspaper, several hundred others were stranded in a cow pasture waiting for a parking shuttle that never came. We on the other hand, were having a blast. There were water slides, free beer booths, amazing food, and the opportunity to become interesting. I ate a few chef prepared bugs, seriously if seasoned just right you can get over the crunch. I danced, I peed in the woods, and I am embarrassed to admit rode the water slide after peeing. Ladies, you know what I am talking about when I mention the splash factor. For some reason, it never dawned on me that others were doing the same thing. There were a few guys that chose to forgo a bathing suit and slide down nude. No one really wants to see that...the water was a bit cold if you catch my drift. So, for a moment I felt cool and interesting. Now I am back to being a mom and a wife. Laundry, dishes, potty training, and poop. Yeah!

1 comment:

John said...

Wow. We should have joined you! I would have LOVED to show Bear Grylls a few things about survivalist training! After all, we spent several weeks together in SE Asia. Of course, most of that is classified...

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS