Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Roid Rage, Kentucky, and a Keg

Yep, that sums up my weekend...roid rage, Kentucky, and a Keg.  This weekend we hosted our 6th annual Kentucky Derby party. It was touch and go before the party.  I had been suffering with walking pneumonia and was taking steroids.  I was not bitchy, not weepy, but just plain mean.  I found immense pleasure crunching a beetle under my shoe and glaring at people.  My poor family...  Seriously not a good place to be in while getting ready for a party for 27 adults and 22 kids.  Hubby got a keg, and several bottles of mint julip and he was in heaven.  He taped the keg the night before the party and was giddy.  It annoyed the crap out of me that he was so calm and happy.  I finally gave up glaring and yelling and downloaded "Fifty Shades of Gray" on my kindle.  That seemed to tame the roid rage quite well.  The party went perfectly, there was betting, drinking, eating and plenty of lovely hats.  The following day we had to kill the keg.  Hubby was so proud of teaching the girls a new... life skill? The girls were fighting over who could fill up our cups.  Hubby would take a swig..."May I please give you a refill Daddy?" Middle C would call out.  This was usually followed by E screeching, "Hey, it's my turn. I want to do it, it's not fair!"  As far as I know, neither of the girls have gone to school bragging about their newly acquired skill.  Middle C, I'm sure is just waiting for the perfect opportunity to demonstrate her skill at her church run preschool.  She has already told me she wants to be like Jesus and turn water into wine because, "Mommy sure does like wine."

2 comments:

B said...

Ha! Gotta love the things that come out of kiddos' mouths!

Ava asked me the other day when I was visibly upset, "Mommy need a drink?" Ouch.

Amber Withycombe said...

Carson drew a picture at school of me with 2 wine glasses. :) lol

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS