Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stress and Bambi

 

We are in the final stretch of the home selling/buying process and all I can say is HGTV is missing out on high drama. If you ever watch the show, the potential buyers make an offer, and very rarely is there any negotiating. You then see the happy owners in their new house a few months later. They need to show the inspection, the option period, and the appraisal. Who knew that potential buyers could come back during the option period and ask $1400 for window treatments? I will be so glad when we close on our current house, there are still so many twists and turns that we have no control over. To reduce my stress, I have been zoning out on more HGTV. One of the episodes this week really ticked me off. Let me preface this by saying thanks to pregnancy hormones I am suffering some anger issues. It takes very little to send me into a tail spin.
OK, so picture this... a beautiful blond, perfect body, in her late twenties wearing a tight fitting classy hot pink tube top, white capris, and heels. She is perched on the couch sitting next to her dream boat of a hubby discussing what she is looking for in her vacation home. "WE have a very tight budget.", she giggles. "I don't know how much of a house we can really buy for 1.8 million." I think I may have murmured a few expletives under my breath. The show went on to show the couple touring three gorgeous homes in Maui. I think the thing that send me over the edge, was after seeing all three homes the girl, lets call her Bambi began sobbing. "This is the most stressful thing I have ever gone through. Finding the right vacation home is so hard." I don't know what hit me, but my middle fingers on both hands took their position and I began yelling at poor little Bambi on the TV. Poor Bambi is facing the most stressful moment in her life, all I can say is good luck with that.

1 comment:

The Dutch Girl said...

I am not sure if you need pregnancy hormones to get ticked off by the Bambi's of the world...

Then again, maybe my pregnancy hormones never fully went away. I still cry at commercials and it has been nearly three years since I gave birth.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS