Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

When the stars align

I have been unable to blog due to the fact that I have been borderline insane for the past week. Our house was going on the market, so we had to clean, put stuff in storage, paint, and de-clutter. I wish I could say that I managed the stress gracefully, but instead I cried, wiped snot bubbles, and lost it. The stress of keeping the house perfect, with everything put away was more than I could take. We lucked out and got an offer on the house before we put it on the market. There were some tense moments as we negotiated back and fourth. In the midst of that stress, we found a "good deal" for a house in a great neighborhood. Jeff was excited, I was disgusted. A great deal meant a a nasty dirty house that needed some serious updating, not something I was anticipating with two kiddos and one on the way. Jeff tried to talk me into it and I lost it, I had a meltdown in front of the Realtor...snot bubbles and all. Needless to say, I was mortified.
The following day we saw a house that we loved and made and offer on it. Today all of the stars aligned and we sold one house and bought another. We never even had to put our house on the market. I am so relieved, no more perfectly clean and tidy house. Just for fun, I left dirty dishes in the sink and clothes on the floor, because I can.
We told the girls today and Ella had a melt down. She was so upset that we wouldn't be having an open house anymore. She wanted balloons on the for sale sign. I told her we would buy a balloon for the sold sign. Claire was thrilled and showed her enthusiasm by licking our front door and saying, "I love this house. I will miss it." Hey, at least the door was clean!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS