Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

And???

 
Posted by Picasa
The other day Jeff and I decided to tell the girls about their new baby brother or sister. We had the video camera rolli1ng to catch the moment. I don't know what reaction I was expecting, but I was expecting a reaction of some sort. The moment was so anti climatic. After I told them, Claire pulled up my shirt to see my belly. She patted it and exclaimed, "I have a baby in my belly too!" Ella followed suit, pulling up her shirt and patting her belly. I love the picture that we snapped, could they look any more enthusiastic? The girls then went back to playing like nothing ever happened. Jeff kept attempting to get a reaction, they didn't seem the least bit interested. It wasn't until the following day, that I caught on to what happened. The girls thought that we were talking about a belly button. They were under the impression that all girls had a baby under their belly button, it just wasn't ready to come out yet. After much explaining and discussion, they finally caught on. Claire wants a baby sister and Ella wants a baby brother. We have the opportunity to find out the gender on Feb. 19th!

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS