Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody

"I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." I am being inducted into society for key woman educators in October. The other day I attended a introduction meeting. I knew that this was quite an honor and I went into the meeting pulsating with self esteem only to be shot down, my confidence withering as it went splat on the concrete floor. There is noting quite like introducing your self after five amazingly impressive women with PHd's and honors up the wazoo. My turn...."I am taking a break to stay at home with my kiddos, but I am very passionate about education." My honors and glory are years old, I am not use to feeling like I am at the bottom on the barrel. I cried on the way home and then my hubby made me a great drink. Love my hubby always knows what to do!!

3 comments:

Rachel Lyn said...

But I wuv you. U so pretty. :)

Kelsey said...

Hey Melissa! Laura shared your blog with me and I drop by sometimes. I just want to say that I bet all those women were envious that you get to spend so much time with your kids. You have been able to be with the girls and STLL get inducted to the society. that's awesome!
Kelsey

Witterbutter said...

Congrats!! That is awesome! And poo on all those other ladies!!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS