Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Skanky

When I was younger,  I sort of wanted to be the chick standing next to the car at car shows.  You know the one the one that poses by the car while it slowly rotates.   So when I discovered the Brand Ambassador facebook group, I was excited.  SXSW was just around the corner there were a ton of jobs.  The one that caught my eye, was a company looking for the girl next door type for an event.  I applied and then was sent a more expansive application.  Headshot.... check, measurements check,  photo of me in a bikini?    I opted for a one piece, filled everything out and clicked send.  I was feeling a bit giddy when the next day I received an phone interview.  We discussed my availability, and then I was asked if I had any questions.  "Umm, I just want you to know I don't do skanky."
"What do you mean skanky?"
"Well, you know slutty.  No one really needs to see my C section scar."
~ Click
Needless to say I didn't get the job.  I did however go to SXSW.

The top 5 things that I learned from SXSW:
5. High waisted acid washed cut off jean shorts flatter no one 
4. Head bands should now be called forehead bands
3. Gold lamay spandex are see through, yes girlfriend I saw EVERYTHING
2. Spanx as outerwear is all the rage
1. MC Hammer wants his pants back

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS