Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Drama on hold ...for a few hours

First day of school, done. 

I asked Middle C about her first day of kinder..."I love my teacher, she thinks I am an awesome skipper, just not in the hall." E's comment about 1st grade, "My teacher is nice, but she must be old like you because sometimes she forgets things...and I heard Claire get yelled at for skipping in the hall."  OK, Miss. "One-upper".  My comment about the first day of school, "Supercalifragilisticexpalidocious ,  almost eight hours without tattling, yelling,or complaining.  Just 3.5 hours until bed time.  Sweet!  

Today also began my life with just one kiddo at home...

Baby A got undivided attention for the first time in... forever.  Our discussion topic, panties.  I felt ambitious and let her sit on the potty and put her in big girl panties.  She sat on her little potty and in the time it took me to get a new roll of T.P. she managed to break the valve under the pedestal sink causing water to spray in her face.  Her eyes were as big as saucers, as I screamed for hubby to turn off the water.  A scurried off the potty, slipping on the wet floor, tears gathering in her eyes and ran to find her diaper.  Yeah, toilet training is not in our future now.  She keeps wandering over to the potty saying, "Potty, water, eyes.  No Potty!"   Hmmm...tomorrow we will try watching Elmo. 

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm telling you. This is so my house. Except Zoe doesn't get into much. Here sisters do it enough to make up for her.

One Austin Mommy said...

Hilarious. Looks like you're in diaper land for a few more months....

TDJ said...

This is us, too. I have taken a consensus of my other SAHM's and this is the norm for most of us, and the rest are fibbing. Last Summer I had our then just turned 3 y/o pretty well potty trained then school happened. He realized that it was easier to wear a diaper...just too smart for our own good. I am happy to say that we are now down to only diapers at night and I have it all to owe to public toilets, the novelty of it all. LOL

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS