Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Whatever it is ….my sister did it

I
Sisters...I never had one. I have a brother 10 years younger than me, so I am completely unprepared for the sassy sisterhood that I am witness to every day. My 5 year old E,has an adorable sprinkling of freckles on the bridge of her nose. My middle daughter is freckle free and I am well... splattered with them. Growing up I hated my freckles until someone told me that freckles were angel kisses. E is thrilled when she finds another tiny freckle on her nose. She sings about it, she draws pictures about it, and she makes sure C knows that she is chosen one, and C is not. The other day she was dressed up in her fairy dress singing,"The angels love me can't you see! They don't like C. They only love me!!!" This of course caused C to become hysterical about her lack of angel kisses. "The angels don't love me, they only love E." This week however brought with it some excitement. C streaked out of the shower giddy with joy. "See Mommy, angels do love me, I have my first kiss." "Awesome!", I said until I noticed her shaking her little fanny around. "Where is this new little freckle?" "It is on my bottom Mommy, angels love my bottom!!" she shrieked with joy. E stumbled out of the shower in search of all of the celebration. C began chanting, " Angles love my bottom, Angels love my bottom." E rolls her eyes in disgust, "You are so gross C". C starts to sob and then pipes up in her shrill little voice, "You are just mad because Angels don't like YOUR bottom because it is stinky!" Now both girls are crying and my little 11 month old crawls into the room and whacks her head on the chest of drawers, she joins in on the wail fest. I just hope C doesn't decide to show of her angel kiss at Sunday School.

By the way, following my epic fail at the car wash, it did in fact rain 2 inches that evening. Those of you in Texas that enjoyed the rain, your welcome.

No comments:

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS