Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

St. Joseph is the MAN

I have been MIA due to my decision to give up being negative for lent. I attempted several times to sit down and write a little something, but all I could seem to do is spew negativity. Now I have something positive to say, we have sold the house AGAIN! I am afraid to get too excited, but it is looking good. We move into our new house in less than two weeks and hand over the keys to our current house. My secret for selling the house this time, St. Joseph. I can't tell you how many people told me to buy a little St. Joseph figurine and bury it in my front yard. After two open houses, and a week of no interest I thought, what the heck. I am not Catholic, but my hubby is to some degree, so I figured that St. Joseph may find it in himself to help us out.
My girlfriend and I went to a local Christian store to pick one up. I brought the 6.99 figurine to the grandmotherly sales clerk. The sweet old woman looked me up down, her eyes resting on my pregnant belly and sighed, "Are you trying to sell a house in your condition? You poor thing." The then said a prayer over my St. Joseph, made in China, warning choking hazard, figurine and rang me up. I went home and proudly showed it to my husband. he looked at me like I was crazy when I told him we had to bury it in the front yard, facing the house upside down, with his feet facing heaven. With a shaking of his head, he took the girls out to the yard and buried him. The following day we had three showings scheduled a day later and offer on the house. Some might say it is coincidence, I say there is something to be said for a little "help".
By the way, we are having our third girl. I suppose we should have consulted a saint for that! Just kidding, I love my little one.

1 comment:

The Dutch Girl said...

You gotta love them saints... You are the second person in two months that I have heard of (read of) that decided to give St. Joseph a try and was successful. I do not think it's a coincidence!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS