Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Middle C

I adore my middle C.  She has always keeps me on my toes and laughing.  I was looking through a few old posts and ran across this gem.

 May, 2008

You lost them mommy

Let me preface this by saying that my 2 year old has always been very curious. At a very young age, she was fascinated by nipples. She pronounced them "Nepal". Often times when she was younger, she would ask in public places who has "Nepals". She would announce who had them, speculate on the size of the "Nepals", and expose her own. I could easily spin the conversation by saying...Nepal is on the other side of the world. Not everyone has been to Nepal or is interested in discussing Nepal. One day, her interest waned and I was thrilled. Last week she reconnected with her burning desire to discuss them. Unfortunately, my two year old no longer uses such cute phrases as "Nepal". She has embraced the term "boobies". Today we stopped at the grocery store. I was holding her and she reached down my shirt. I was wearing a sports bra since we had just come from the gym. Ladies, as you know the sports bra does nothing to enhance an already pitiful size bra cup. So yes, I suppose I was looking unmmm a little prepubescent. My adorable 2 year old is determined to solve the mystery of the missing boobies. She announces in her tiny shrill voice, "Where did your boobies go mommy?" I gently pulled her hand out of my shirt and told her to not talk about boobies. That was my monumental mistake. Had I just made something up like...Victoria's secret has the day off, or the miracle bra is too tired, she would have probably let it go. Instead she began to literally panic.... "Oh no mommy, your boobies are missing, go find them mommy." There were several chuckles from the customers in line. I was mortified. C reached down for another investigative feel. I yanked her hand out of my shirt, no more Mr. Nice guy. She began to howl and scream. The cashier asked if she wanted a "buddy buck" to calm her down. She took a deep breath and took it. "Here mommy, go buy boobies." Nice...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! It's one of those moments where you can laugh about it afterward. I think you are onto something, though, a sports bra that supports and enhances. Maybe, you can buy one with a buddy buck. ;)

Leigh Ann said...

Hahahaha! I just told the girls that was "my body." SO now they pull my shirt down and say, "Mommy, is that your BAH-DEE????? Yes, yes it is.

B said...

That is fantastic! Hahaha. Funny how all things you thought were yours exclusively go out the window when you have children!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS